ESL 211: A Missing Cat

Download

The owner of a missing cat is asking for help. "My baby has been missing for over a month now, and I want him back so badly," said Mrs. Brown, a 56-year-old woman. Mrs. Brown lives by herself in a trailer park near Clovis. She said that Clyde, her 7-year-old cat, didn't come home for dinner more than a month ago. The next morning he didn't appear for breakfast either. After Clyde missed an extra-special lunch, she called the police.

When the policeman asked her to describe Clyde, she told him that Clyde had beautiful green eyes, had all his teeth but was missing half of his left ear, and was seven years old and completely white. She then told the officer that Clyde was about a foot high.

A bell went off. "Is Clyde your child or your pet?" the officer suspiciously asked. "Well, he's my cat, of course," Mrs. Brown replied. "Lady, you're supposed to report missing PERSONS, not missing CATS," said the irritated policeman. "Well, who can I report this to?" she asked. "You can't. You have to ask around your neighborhood or put up flyers," replied the officer.

Mrs. Brown figured that a billboard would work a lot better than an 8"x11" piece of paper on a telephone pole. There was an empty billboard at the end of her street just off the interstate highway. The billboard had a phone number on it. She called that number, and they told her they could blow up a picture of Clyde (from Mrs. Brown's family album) and put it on the billboard for all to see.

"But how can people see it when they whiz by on the interstate?" she asked. "Oh, don't worry, ma'am, they only whiz by between 2 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. The rest of the day, the interstate is so full of commuters that no one moves." They told her it would cost only $3,000 a month. So she took most of the money out of her savings account and rented the billboard for a month.

The month has passed, but Clyde has not appeared. Because she has almost no money in savings, Mrs. Brown called the local newspaper to see if anyone could help her rent the billboard for just one more month. She is waiting but, so far, no one has stepped forward.

388408 top -

*Vocabulary:

• album:
• billboard:
• commuter:
• describe:
• figure:
• flyer:
• neighborhood:
• highway:
• interstate:
• irritate:
• pole:
• suspiciously:
• trailer:
• whiz:

======================

*Yes/No Questions:

• Is a cat missing?

• Does Mrs. Brown call her cat “my baby”?

• Is Mr. Brown the owner of the cat?

• Is Mrs. Brown 56 years old?

• Does Mrs. Brown live with her husband?

• Does Mrs. Brown live in a trailer?

• Is Mrs. Brown’s cat a female?

• Is Clyde a seven-year-old black cat?

• Does Clyde have all of his teeth?

• Is Clyde missing half of his right ear?

======================

*Fill in blanks:

The owner of a missing cat is asking ____ help. “My baby has been missing for over ____ month now, and I want him back so ____ ,” said Mrs. Brown, a 56-year-old woman. Mrs. Brown ____ by herself in a trailer park near Clovis. ____ said that Clyde, her 7-year-old cat, didn’t come ____ for dinner more than a month ago. The ____ morning he didn’t appear for breakfast either. After ____ missed an extra-special lunch, she called the police.

____ the policeman asked her to describe Clyde, she ____ him that Clyde had beautiful green eyes, had____ his teeth but was missing half of his ____ ear, and was seven years old and completely ____ . She then told the officer that Clyde was ____ a foot high.

A bell went off. “Is ____ your child or your pet?” the officer suspiciously____ . “Well, he’s my cat, of course,” Mrs. Brown ____ . “Lady, you’re supposed to report missing PERSONS, not ____ CATS,” said the irritated policeman. “Well, who can ____ report this to?” she asked. “You can’t. You ____ to ask around your neighborhood or put up ____ ,” replied the officer.

Mrs. Brown figured that a ____ would work a lot better than an 8”x11” ____ of paper on a telephone pole. There was____ empty billboard at the end of her street ____ off the interstate highway. The billboard had a ____ number on it. She called that number, and ____ told her they could blow up a picture ____ Clyde (from Mrs. Brown’s family album) and put ____ on the billboard for all to see.

“But ____ can people see it when they whiz by ____ the interstate?” she asked. “Oh, don’t worry, ma’am, ____ only whiz by between 2 a.m. and 5:30 ____ .m. The rest of the day, the interstate is ____ full of commuters that no one moves.” They____ her it would cost only $3,000 a month. ____ she took most of the money out of ____ savings account and rented the billboard for a ____ .

The month has passed, but Clyde has not ____ . Because she has almost no money in savings, ____ . Brown called the local newspaper to see if ____ could help her rent the billboard for just ____ more month. She is waiting but, so far, ____ one has stepped forward.

===================

*Translate into Vietnamese:

388410 top -

*Vocabulary:

• album: tập ảnh
• billboard: cột thông cáo
• commuter: đông
• describe: mô tả
• figure: nghĩ rằng
• flyer: giấy rời quảng cáo
• neighborhood: hàng xóm
• highway: đường cao tốc
• interstate: liên bang
• irritate: dị ứng
• pole: cột
• suspiciously: tò mò
• trailer: đường ray
• whiz:

==========================================================

*Yes/No Questions:

• Is a cat missing? Yes

• Does Mrs. Brown call her cat “my baby”? Yes

• Is Mr. Brown the owner of the cat? No

• Is Mrs. Brown 56 years old? Yes

• Does Mrs. Brown live with her husband? No

• Does Mrs. Brown live in a trailer? No

• Is Mrs. Brown’s cat a female? No

• Is Clyde a seven-year-old black cat? No

• Does Clyde have all of his teeth? Yes

• Is Clyde missing half of his right ear? No

===========================================================

*Fill in blanks:

The owner of a missing cat is asking __for__ help. “My baby has been missing for over __a__ month now, and I want him back so __badly__ ,” said Mrs. Brown, a 56-year-old woman. Mrs. Brown __lives__ by herself in a trailer park near Clovis. __She__ said that Clyde, her 7-year-old cat, didn’t come __home__ for dinner more than a month ago. The __next__ morning he didn’t appear for breakfast either. After _Clyde___ missed an extra-special lunch, she called the police.

__When__ the policeman asked her to describe Clyde, she __told__ him that Clyde had beautiful green eyes, had__all__ his teeth but was missing half of his __left__ ear, and was seven years old and completely ____white__ . She then told the officer that Clyde was ____about__ a foot high.

A bell went off. “Is ____Clyde__ your child or your pet?” the officer suspiciously____asked__ . “Well, he’s my cat, of course,” Mrs. Brown ____replied__ . “Lady, you’re supposed to report missing PERSONS, not __missing___ CATS,” said the irritated policeman. “Well, who can __I__ report this to?” she asked. “You can’t. You __have__ to ask around your neighborhood or put up ____flyers__ ,” replied the officer.

Mrs. Brown figured that a ____billboard__ would work a lot better than an 8”x11” _piece___ of paper on a telephone pole. There was__an__ empty billboard at the end of her street __just__ off the interstate highway. The billboard had a ____phone__ number on it. She called that number, and __they__ told her they could blow up a picture _of___ Clyde (from Mrs. Brown’s family album) and put _it___ on the billboard for all to see.

“But __how__ can people see it when they whiz by __on__ the interstate?” she asked. “Oh, don’t worry, ma’am, ____ only whiz by between 2 a.m. and 5:30 __a__ .m. The rest of the day, the interstate is __so__ full of commuters that no one moves.” They__told__ her it would cost only $3,000 a month. __So__ she took most of the money out of __her__ savings account and rented the billboard for a ____month__ .

The month has passed, but Clyde has not ____appeared__ . Because she has almost no money in savings, _Mrs___ . Brown called the local newspaper to see if ____anyone__ could help her rent the billboard for just __one__ more month. She is waiting but, so far, _no___ one has stepped forward.

==========================================================

Con mèo mất tích

Chủ của con mèo mất tích đang nhờ sự giúp đỡ. "Con tôi bị mất tích hơn một tháng rồi, và tôi muốn nó về quá chừng," Bà Brown, 56 tuổi nói. Bà Brown sống một mình trong công viên đường ray gần Clovis. Bà nói Clyde, con mèo 7 tuổi không về nhà ăn tối cả một tháng trước. Sáng hôm sau, cũng không thấy xuất hiện ăn sáng. Sau khi Clyde lại không ăn bữa trưa đặc biệt, bà gọi cảnh sát.

Khi cảnh sát bảo bà Brown mô tả Clyde, bà bảo ông ấy rằng Clyde có màu mắt xanh lục đẹp, có tất cả các răng nhưng bị mất nửa tai trái, và bảy tuổi và hoàn toàn trắng. Sau đó Bà bảo cảnh sát là Clyde cao một foot.

Hết tiếng chuông. "Clyde là con của bà hay là thú nuôi?" cảnh sát nghi ngờ hỏi. "Ạ nó là con mèo của tôi, dĩ nhiên," Bà Brown trả lời. "Bà ơi, bà chỉ báo cảnh sát NGƯỜI mất tích, chứ không phải MÈO mất tích," cảnh sát dị ứng nói. "Vậy, tôi phải báo cho ai?" bà hỏi. "Bà không thể. Bà phải hỏi thăm hàng xóm hay dán ảnh," cảnh sát đáp.

Bà Brown đoán rằng bảng quảng cáo có thể làm tốt hơn miếng giấy 8"x11" trên trụ điện thoại. Có một bảng quảng cáo trống cuối đường cao tốc liên bang. Bảng quảng cáo có số điện thoại trên đó. Bà gọi điện, và họ bảo bà phóng ảnh của Clyde (từ an bum gia đình bà Brown) và đặt trên bảng quảng cáo cho mọi người nhìn thấy.

"Nhưng sao mọi người có thể nhìn thấy, họ toàn phóng vút qua đường liên bang?" bà hỏi. "Oh, đừng lo, thưa bà, họ chỉ phóng vút qua vào 2.a.m. và 5:30 a.m. Phần còn lại của ngày, đường liên bang đầy cứng không ai dịch chuyển được." Họ bảo bà giá chỉ $3,000 một tháng. Nên bà lấy hết tiền để dành và mướn bảng quảng cáo một tháng.

Một tháng trôi qua, nhưng Clyde vẫn không xuất hiện. Vì bà không còn tiền để dành, bà Brown gọi một tờ báo địa phương nhờ giúp đỡ xem có ai cho bà thuê bảng quảng cáo chỉ thêm một tháng. Bà đang chờ, nhưng chưa có ai đến.

435866 top -
LESSON 211:

A MISSING CAT - CHÚ MÈO BỊ THẤT LẠC

*Vocabulary:

------------------------------------------------------------------
• album: an-bom.
• billboard: bảng quảng cáo.
• commuter: người đi làm.
• describe: mô tả.
• figure: đoán, nghĩ rằng.
• flyer: tờ bướm quảng cáo.
• neighborhood: hàng xóm.
• highway: quốc lộ.
• interstate: xa lộ liên bang.
• irritate: cáu kỉnh, cáu tiết, tức tối.
• pole: cực (của trái đất), cột (cờ).
• suspiciously: khả nghi, nghi ngờ.
• trailer = mobile home: nhà lưu động.
• whiz: phóng nhanh, lao nhanh.

*Yes/No Questions:
• Is a cat missing?
- Yes, it is.

• Does Mrs. Brown call her cat “my baby”?
- Yes, she does.

• Is Mr. Brown the owner of the cat?
- Yes, she is.

• Is Mrs. Brown 56 years old?
- Yes, she is.

• Does Mrs. Brown live with her husband?
- No, she doesn't. She lives by herself.

• Does Mrs. Brown live in a trailer?
- Yes, she does.

• Is Mrs. Brown’s cat a female?
- No, it isn't. Mrs. Brown’s cat is a male.

• Is Clyde a seven-year-old black cat?
- No, it isn't. Clyde is a seven-year-old white cat.

• Does Clyde have all of his teeth?
- Yes, it does.

• Is Clyde missing half of his right ear?
- No, it isn't. Clyde is missing half of his left ear.

*Fill in blanks:
The owner of a missing cat is asking for help. “My baby has been missing for over a month now, and I want him back so badly,” said Mrs. Brown, a 56-year-old woman. Mrs. Brown lives by herself in a trailer park near Clovis. She said that Clyde, her 7-year-old cat, didn’t come home for dinner more than a month ago. The next morning he didn’t appear for breakfast either. After Clyde missed an extra-special lunch, she called the police.

When the policeman asked her to describe Clyde, she told him that Clyde had beautiful green eyes, had all his teeth but was missing half of his left ear, and was seven years old and completely white. She then told the officer that Clyde was about a foot high.

A bell went off. “Is Clyde your child or your pet?” the officer suspiciously asked. “Well, he’s my cat, of course,” Mrs. Brown replied. “Lady, you’re supposed to report missing PERSONS, not missing CATS,” said the irritated policeman. “Well, who can I report this to?” she asked. “You can’t. You have to ask around your neighborhood or put up flyers ,” replied the officer.

Mrs. Brown figured that a billboard would work a lot better than an 8”x11” piece of paper on a telephone pole. There was an empty billboard at the end of her street just off the interstate highway. The billboard had a phone number on it. She called that number, and they told her they could blow up a picture of Clyde (from Mrs. Brown’s family album) and put it on the billboard for all to see.

“But how can people see it when they whiz by on the interstate?” she asked. “Oh, don’t worry, ma’am, they only whiz by between 2 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. The rest of the day, the interstate is so full of commuters that no one moves.” They told her it would cost only $3,000 a month. So she took most of the money out of her savings account and rented the billboard for a month .

The month has passed, but Clyde has not appeared . Because she has almost no money in savings, Mrs . Brown called the local newspaper to see if anyone could help her rent the billboard for just one more month. She is waiting but, so far, no one has stepped forward.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Chủ nhân của một con mèo bị thất lạc yêu cầu được giúp đỡ. "Bé cưng của tôi đã bị mất tích hơn một tháng nay, và tôi mong nó trở về quá," Bà Brown, một phụ nữ 56 tuổi nói. Bà Brown sống một mình gần Clovis ở khu vực dành cho những người có nhà lưu động. Bà cho biết, chú mèo Clyde 7 tuổi của bà, đã không về nhà ăn tối hơn một tháng rồi. Buổi sáng kế đó chú cũng không có mặt để dùng điểm tâm. Sau khi Clyde bỏ qua một bữa trưa đặc biệt thịnh soạn, bà gọi điện cho cảnh sát.

Khi cảnh sát yêu cầu bà mô tả Clyde, bà bảo với cảnh sát là Clyde có đôi mắt màu xanh lá tuyệt đẹp, có răng đầy đủ, nhưng bị khuyết mất một nửa lỗ tai trái, và được bảy tuổi và trắng hòan toàn. Tiếp đó bà bảo với viên sĩ quan rằng Clyde cao khoảng một foot.

Chuông điện thoại reo lên. "Clyde là con của bà hay là thú cưng?" viên sĩ quan cảnh sát nghi ngờ hỏi. "Ồ, tất nhiên nó là con mèo của tôi rồi," bà Brown trả lời. "Thưa bà, bà có nhiệm vụ báo cáo về việc CON NGƯỜI mất tích, không cần báo cáo về việc CON MÈO mất tích," viên cảnh sát cáu kỉnh nói. "Được rồi, vậy tôi có thể báo cáo vấn đề này với ai?" bà hỏi. "Bà không thể làm được điều đó. Bà phải hỏi thăm láng giềng xung quanh hoặc bà có thể dán các tờ bướm thông báo," viên sĩ quan trả lời.

Bà Brown nhận thấy một bảng quảng cáo có hiệu quả nhiều hơn một mảnh giấy cỡ 8"x11" trên trụ điện thoại. Có một bảng quảng cáo còn trống ở cuối con đường không xa với xa lộ liên bang. Có một số điện thoại ở trên bảng quảng cáo. Bà gọi vào số điện thoại đó, và họ bảo với bà họ có thể phóng to bức ảnh của Clyde (trong an-bum gia đình của bà Brown) và dán lên bảng quảng cáo để mọi người trông thấy được.

"Nhưng làm sao người ta có thể trông thấy được khi họ lao nhanh trên xa lộ liên bang như thế chứ? bà hỏi. "Ồ, đừng quá lo lắng, thưa bà, họ chỉ lao vút qua như thế trong khoảng từ 2 giờ đến 5 giờ 30 sáng thôi. Thời gian còn lại trong ngày, xa lộ liên bang kẹt cứng với những người đi làm đến mức không ai nhúc nhích gì được." Họ báo bà biết chi phí chỉ có 3.000 đô-la một tháng. Vì thế bà đã vét hết số tiền trong tài khoản tiết kiệm của mình để thuê bảng quảng cáo trong một tháng.

Một tháng đã trôi qua, nhưng vẫn không thấy Clyde xuất hiện. Do bà gần như không còn tiền tiết kiệm, Bà Brown gọi điện cho tờ báo tại địa phương để hỏi thăm có người nào có thể giúp bà thuê bảng quảng cáo chỉ thêm một tháng nữa hay không. Bà đang trông chờ, nhưng cho đến nay, chưa có ai đề nghị giúp đỡ cả.

472399 top -

. 1.New To America
. 2.A Haircut
. 3.The Yardman
. 4.Grab Your Umbrellas
. 5.Shopping for Bargains
. 6.Horses to Ride
. 7.A Shower Injury
. 8.Pete's Sharp Knife
. 9.A Good Sandwich
. 10.Sara's Upset Stomach
. 11.Please Marry Me!
. 12.Laundry Day
. 13.A Noisy Neighbor
. 14.The New Realtor
. 15.The Fire Alarm
. 16.Eddie's Short Visit
. 17.Carbon Monoxide
. 18.A Visit to Asia
. 19.School Boys
. 20.The Loose Button
. 21.The Pile of Paper
. 22.Brushing and Flossing
. 23.Raising the Kids
. 24.A Clean Toilet Bowl
. 25.A Love Letter
. 26.A Bird Attacks
. 27.A Daytime Robbery
. 28.Trick or Treat
. 29.The Motorcycle Rider
. 30.Spock Saves His Dad
. 31.Provider Overbills Customer
. 32.The Breakup
. 33.Famous Model Dies
. 34.Shopping Carts Everywhere
. 35.Four Slit Throats
. 36.Does Garlic Mean Garlic?
. 37.A Jealous Girlfriend
. 38.Towns Hit by Snowstorms
. 39.Another Jealous Girlfriend
. 40.She Loves Her Son
. 41.The Doctor’s Exam
. 42.Hospitals Can Make You Sick
. 43.English Is So Hard
. 44.Hollywood Stars and Tourists
. 45.GEICO’s TV Lizard
. 46.Law and Order in LA
. 47.Destruction of Iraq
. 48.Have You Seen This Man?
. 49.LA Traffic Report
. 50.LA Radio News

. 51.Trash Truck Misses Pick-up
. 52.Her First Driving Accident
. 53.You’re Not a Good Principal
. 54.I’ve Got You Covered
. 55.Paris Goes to Jail in LA
. 56.A Year with No TV
. 57.Let’s Buy Some Paint
. 58.I Need Water for My Clients
. 59.Putting Bunny to Sleep
. 60.Where Is That Darn Battery?
. 61.If You Really Love Me…
. 62.The Wedding Gift (1)
. 63.The Wedding Gift (2)
. 64.Does a Tiger Change Its Stripes?
. 65.No Place Like an Open House
. 66."We Could Have All Died!"
. 67.It’s the Thought that Counts
. 68.Who Ordered the Scallops?
. 69.You’re Not My Daddy
. 70.Let He Who Is Without Sin…
. 71.Shopping at the 99 Cents Store
. 72.Betting Big in Vegas
. 73.Priced to Sell!
. 74.The Handyman Comes
. 75.A Woman Has Needs
. 76.A Hot Day and a Cool Pool
. 77.Up, Up, and Away
. 78.Man's Best Friend
. 79.Six Feet Under
. 80.An Unhappy Worker
. 81.Why the Sky Is Brown
. 82.It’s a Small World
. 83.Suspicious Shoppers
. 84.Death Is Part of Life
. 85.Tagger Shoots Woman
. 86.Crime on the Rise
. 87.Too Soft on Crime
. 88.Pluto Chases Kid
. 89.In Harm’s Way
. 90."Semper Buy"
. 91.A Little Respect, Please
. 92.A Dream from Beyond-1
. 93.A Dream from Beyond-2
. 94.A Trip to Egypt
. 95.No Doughnuts for Old Folks
. 96.It’s Just Business
. 97.A Walk in the Wild
. 98.Elvis Is Alive and Well
. 99.Bad Weed, Bad Call
. 100.Shark Attack

. 101.Love in the Hospital
. 102.Interstate Bridge Collapses
. 103.Stop Selling Those Bunnies
. 104.Actor Tries to Kill Himself
. 105.US Senator Says He’s not Gay
. 106.E.Coli Is Everywhere
. 107.Influenza
. 108.The Hospital Orderly-1
. 109.The Hospital Orderly-2
. 110.Flower Power
. 111.Dog Inherits Millions
. 112.Man Holds Staff Hostage
. 113.Young Boy Defends Sister
. 114.Remember Me?
. 115.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 116.Sail Around the World
. 117.New Dog-Barking Law
. 118.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-1
. 119.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-2
. 120.Cleaning a Dirty Plate
. 121.Her Driving Lesson
. 122.Hurricane Dean
. 123.Adventurer Disappears
. 124.Nursing Student Disappears
. 125.The Lovely Banana
. 126.Smells like Chicken
. 127.The Wedding-1
. 128.The Wedding-2
. 129.The Waiter
. 130.Your Country Thanks You
. 131.D.B.Cooper Lives On-1
. 132.D.B.Cooper Lives On-2
. 133.I’m No Alcoholic!
. 134.48 Homes Burn Down-1
. 135.48 Homes Burn Down-2
. 136.Drought Attacks Georgia
. 137.A Bad MRI Experience
. 138.Body in a Barrel-1
. 139.Body in a Barrel-2
. 140.Red Meat, Gray Water
. 141.All Bite, No Bark
. 142.Tiger Kills Two Men-1
. 143.Tiger Kills Two Men-2
. 144.Red Flowers Make Her See Red
. 145.The Starbucks Robbery
. 146.The Argument-1
. 147.The Argument-2
. 148.The Toilet Tank-1
. 149.The Toilet Tank-2
. 150.Santa Was Molested

. 151.Fire Kills Two Young Girls
. 152.Police Arrest Fire-Starters
. 153.Get out of "Jail"-1
. 154.Get out of "Jail"-2
. 155.New Year Celebrations
. 156.$50K to Waitress-1
. 157.$50K to Waitress-2
. 158.Who Needs School?
. 159.Black Friday
. 160.JFK Assassination
. 161.Don’t Top Off the Tanks
. 162.The Clapper
. 163.Tuberculosis Still Kills
. 164.Old Dogs Become Young Again
. 165.Ham and Eggplant
. 166.A Hole in Her Ear-1
. 167.A Hole in Her Ear-2
. 168.The Drugs Keep Coming
. 169.Missing Husband-1
. 170.Missing Husband-2
. 171.Don’t Get Mad-Get Even
. 172.The Christmas Gift-1
. 173.The Christmas Gift-2
. 174.The Haircut-1
. 175.The Haircut-2
. 176.The Robbery at the Mall-1
. 177.The Robbery at the Mall-2
. 178.The Driving Lesson-1
. 179.The Driving Lesson-2
. 180.The Move to Georgia-1
. 181.The Move to Georgia-2
. 182.I’ll Get a Job in a Restaurant
. 183.A Cleaner River-1
. 184.A Cleaner River-2
. 185.The Spitter
. 186.Kill Those Flies-1
. 187.Kill Those Flies-2
. 188.The Oil Change-1
. 189.The Oil Change-2
. 190.Boy Starts Huge Fire
. 191.Writers Go on Strike
. 192.Please Don’t Hurt Me!
. 193.It’s Just a Little White Lie
. 194.Jury Service in California
. 195.The Rude Golfer-1
. 196.The Rude Golfer-2
. 197.Man Invents Toilet for Cars
. 198.Monkeys Cause Man’s Death
. 199.The Light Eater-1
. 200.The Light Eater-2

. 201.Sara Went Shopping
. 202.Man Injured at Fast Food Place
. 203.A Life-Saving Cow
. 204.Driver Loses Mabel, Finds Jail
. 205.Jerry Decided To Buy a Gun
. 206.Freeway Chase
. 207.Better To Be Unlucky
. 208.Food Fight Erupted in Prison
. 209.How His Pig is Doing
. 210.Goats Being Hired
. 211.A Missing Cat
. 212.Book Him
. 213.Water Under the Sink-1
. 214.Water Under the Sink-2
. 215.Theft Occurs Everywhere
. 216.Eggs and a Bunny
. 217.Goodbye to Clean Couple
. 218.$100 Deposit
. 219.Books Don’t Grow on Trees
. 220.A Murder-Suicide
. 221.New Store and Its Owners
. 222.Hit-and-Run Charge
. 223.Gasoline Prices Hit Record High
. 224.A Festival of Books
. 225.Crazy Housing Prices
. 226.Happy and Unhappy Renters
. 227.Pulling Out Nine Tons of Trash
. 228.Cloning Pets
. 229.Rentals at the Oceanside
. 230.Trees Are a Threat
. 231.Gets Booked, Writes a Book
. 232.Popular Park Reopens
. 233.Swim Classes Begin Soon
. 234.Not Sitting Around
. 235.Get Millions for Homeless
. 236.Tenants Watch Building Burn
. 237.Bathtub Blues
. 238.Blood Drive at Civic Center
. 239.City Hosts 42nd Art Fair
. 240.City and Crime
. 241.Bank Robbery
. 242.Immigration Goes Online
. 243.Jimmy Fixes His Door
. 244.Needs a New Air-Conditioner
. 245.Man Gets 12 Years for Fraud
. 246.Man Shoots Up Post Office
. 247.Murals Are Over 200 Years Old
. 248.Pier Collapses
. 249.Cameras in Police Cars
. 250.A School Girl Sues Her School

. 251.SUV Driver Sends Officer Flying
. 252.Boy Drowns in Neighbor's Pool
. 253.Woman Dies in House Fire
. 254.Plane Crashes into House
. 255.Fishing for Girls
. 256.Shot Next to Christmas Tree
. 257.Stabbed Outside Nightclub
. 258.Fishing Boat Sinks
. 259.The Mysterious Carport Stain
. 260.Lies About Winning Lottery
. 261.Victory Dance Leads to Death
. 262.Eat Your Vegetables
. 263.Honk if You're in a Hurry
. 264.The Man Who Loved Women
. 265.How to Get out of Jury Duty
. 266.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 267.Female Seeks Mature Male
. 268.Let’s Go Fishing
. 269.Train Wreck “Frees” Cows
. 270.Valuable Guitar Found
. 271.Stepmother Kills Herself
. 272.Beautiful Teacher Smiles
. 273.Are Criminals Taking Over LA?
. 274.Police Arrest Happy Van Driver
. 275.Say Your Prayers
. 276.The Final Phone Call
. 277.Almost Perfect Children
. 278.There Goes the Neighborhood!
. 279.Let’s Go to Vegas!
. 280.Squirrel Attacks Woman
. 281.To Save His Baby
. 282.English Is Confusing
. 283.Pump Up the Tires
. 284.Don’t Go Swimming
. 285.The Park That Went to the Dogs
. 286.Can You Spare a Carburetor?
. 287.Golf Like a Girl
. 288.Take Me Out to the Ball Game
. 289.Take This Job and Shove It
. 290.Where Did That Book Go?
. 291.When You’ve Got Your Health
. 292.That ‘New Car’ Smell
. 293.Inviting Poor Student to Dinner
. 294.When I'm in the Bathroom
. 295.It Was an Old, Worthless Clock
. 296.Five-Finger Discount on Candy
. 297.Collecting Seashells
. 298.At the Store Entrance
. 299.We Will See the World
. 300.Get Me a Caffe Latte

. 301.The Slow Computer-1
. 302.The Slow Computer-2
. 303.The Careful Reader
. 304.Avoid the Flu
. 305.Magician Attracts Women
. 306.US Border Patrol
. 307.Car Shopping in California
. 308.Happy Anniversary
. 309.“Read All about It!”
. 310.A Factory Worker
. 311.Bad Pork
. 312.Don’t Eat the Meat
. 313.Copper Robbers
. 314.Weekly Driving Lessons-1
. 315.Weekly Driving Lessons-2
. 316.Laundry Day-1
. 317.Laundry Day-2
. 318.The Bargain CD Set-1
. 319.The Bargain CD Set-2
. 320.It’s All Over
. 321.The New Clothes-1
. 322.The New Clothes-2
. 323.Food as Punishment
. 324.US Passports Outsourced
. 325.The Demanding Son
. 326.A Practical Joke
. 327.The Dead Pedestrian
. 328.Bad News, Good News
. 329.The Cluster Balloonist
. 330.The Rude Clerk
. 331.The Tax Charge
. 332.The Fire in the Hills-1
. 333.The Fire in the Hills-2
. 334.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-1
. 335.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-2
. 336.The Rental Car-1
. 337.The Rental Car-2
. 338.The Marathon Cheater
. 339.School Bus Crashes
. 340.Don’t Take My Property
. 341.New Law for Taco Trucks
. 342.The Refund-1
. 343.The Refund-2
. 344.Shut Your Mouth
. 345.TSA’s New Policy-1
. 346.TSA’s New Policy-2
. 347.I’m Pregnant
. 348.Court Approves Same-Sex Marriage
. 349.Impolite to His Brother
. 350.Protecting the Public
. 351.Malibu to License Paparazzi
. 352.I'm Moving to NY
. 353.The Heart Attack-1
. 354.The Heart Attack-2
. 355.Let's Speak English

THE END

Update: October 16th, 2016.
PayPal về email:
thuquy.vietditru@gmail.com

Chi phiếu gửi về:
Jimmy Ton
4369 46 St.
San Diego, CA 92115

Việt Nam chuyển tới:
Phạm Thị Tuyết Phượng
Số tài khoản: 4973099
ACB Châu Văn Liêm, TPHCM

Ý kiến về Quỹ VietDitru

*THÔNG TIN QUAN TRỌNG: Do tình hình dịch COVID-19 diễn biến phức tạp, từ ngày 19/3, Đại Sứ Quán và Lãnh Sự Quán Hoa Kỳ sẽ ngừng phỏng vấn cấp xét thị thực. Toàn bộ lịch hẹn từ ngày 19/3 trở đi sẽ bị huỷ. Xem thông tin chi tiết

ESL đăng ký: Bạn không cần phải đăng ký gì cả. Chỉ việc nhẩy vào bài ESL 1 học và làm bài tập. Tiếp tục những bài kế tiếp càng nhanh càng tốt. Mình sẽ 888 và thỉnh thoảng cùng nhau nhắc nhở cho vui hén. Chứ thật ra việc học là việc của tự bản thân mình. Mình giỏi thì mình được nhờ hén.

Nickname           # bài
-----------------------------------------
Anthonydavetruong 51
BaoLaTinhChua 1
Bluecloud 1
bongbong 3
Brianthao08 2
Brenda 8
Cachua 4
Catandpuppy 2
Chaubaoct 11
Chauongco 2